It’s important to stay active at every age in life. As we age, staying active and being healthy can play a crucial role in your life. In this region, nice weather is limited to a few months out of the year. This is why summer is such a great time to get out and be active. Here are 6 ways to stay active this summer!
- Attend Bethany Activity Classes: Bethany Retirement Living provides a variety of activities for residents as a way to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Go For A Walk: Walking has many benefits: Improving mental health/immune system, strengthening your muscles/bones, and promoting better sleep
- Stretching/Yoga: Stretching and Yoga can decrease the risk of injury, improve circulation, increase range of motion, help to regulate blood pressure, and provide relaxation
- Lifting Weights: Light Strength exercises improve muscle mass and bone health. This can improve the ability to stand, walk, and to lift/carry objects more easily
- Exploring New Hobbies: Gardening, Dancing, Golfing, bowling, etc. Are all examples of fun ways to stay busy and active!
- Staying Social: Staying social with friends and family can help maintain emotional health, improve cognitive function, and provide a sense of belonging
TIP: Remember to always stay hydrated and drink water daily!
**According to CDC, there is no one-size fits all formula for daily water intake. The amount of water you should drink daily depends on your body, your health conditions, your medications, and other factors